Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ant Like.

       When I was nothing but a measly little sixth grader I was moved away from the only home and only school, with the only friends I had ever known. I was devastated, heart broken, and all of them other words that have the same meaning. I literally thought my life was coming to an end, and back then I prayed it would have. 
       I remember starting a new sixth grade, with new people, a new teacher, and totally new surroundings. I was nothing but a fly on the wall to them or an ant in the grass, I was nothing. I came in the middle of the year, January, when everything was happening.. basketball, softball, track, and many other curricular activities, and here I was a new student coming in to change things up for them. Granted, I made a friend here and there, but that's because I was good at the class 'speed games' and I was always wanted to be a partner for one of the students. I didn't mind, I was noticed. I only stayed at that school until May, and thank goodness. It was a nightmare.
       I then attended another new school, which I ended up staying only two years. I made some great friends, however, it didn't feel quite like home. I still felt ant-like. I felt like because I wasn't with these people from Kindergarten until now, then seventh grade, I wasn't cool enough. I was an outsider, and I truly was. I was never the type of girl to accept change. I always wanted a routine, and if I had plans I had to know them days in advance. So, when I started a whole new life, it was the toughest thing I had to go through, especially at a young age.
      I remember my ninth grade year. It was magical, wonderful, and downright fun, however it was scary, nerve racking, and just so much pressure. I was back to my home town with all my previous friends and all the same teachers... kinda. I was in high school so I knew none of the teachers, a handful of friends, and well, different surroundings. I was scared, again, I was a tiny any on a huge tree. I was noticed, but I was also looked at as a new student. People Change, looks, voice, personality, everything. I came back to my new, great school and had to learn everyone all over again. I don't regret coming back home and being small/ant-like made me who I am today, but taking all the unnecessary steps could have saved me alllllllllll the heart ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment